Walking is an activity that we do every day, to the point that we do not think much of it. Yet, it is a big part of our lives. After all, our hands and feet are our greatest instruments in life. Another word for walking is ambulation. Movement is essential for our bodies, and it is important that we at least stand up and take a stroll outside more often.
There are instances when ambulation can be more challenging than usual for some or, even worse, not possible for them to do so due to varying circumstances such as a disability or a recent injury. Here at Lake Forest Quality Caregivers, LLC, we are a caregiving agency in Orange County that is more than ready to be of service to you in your time of need! Here are a few tips if you have a loved one who needs help with ambulation:
- Check and make sure they need help with a mobility device such as a cane.
- Ensure that the route they will take has no obstacles and is non-slippery.
- Explain to them in advance how the flow will be, such as how far they’ll be walking.
- Encourage them to walk as normally as they can for proper recovery.
- Always be by their side during the process to provide comfort and support.
Aside from improving our overall health, ambulation or walking can also improve a person’s mood, giving them a confidence boost and reducing stress levels or any other negative feelings they will experience due to circumstances. Our ambulation service is also available at our home care in Lake Forest, California!